ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018 has been released after a period of almost 7 years. If you are preparing for foundation level exam in 2021, you will have to take the exam with the 2018 syllabus.
Latest version of the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level syllabus for the year 2018 has been approved by the ISTQB General Assembly. Foundation level offers needed level of understanding for the ISTQB Certified Tester Scheme. Each update in the syllabus comes after having market feedback and study over the current hiccups of the software testing industry.
This latest ISTQB Foundation Level 2018 syllabus release has come up with an Overview document, Accreditation guidelines, Glossary items and terms, Release Notes including traceability on Learning Objectives level from the 2011 to the 2018 syllabus, Exam Structure and Rules and 2 Sample Exams. You might be wondering the changes in ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2011 vs 2018.
ISTQB Syllabus 2011 vs 2018
Both the syllabus 2011 and 2018 are practically same for 95% of the topics. However, there are few changes made specially the new 2018 syllabus is less focused on the test management and more focused on the static testing such as reviews. The learning objectives and number of questions from different chapters has also changed.
- Code of Ethics – Removed
- Static Analysis tool – Removed
- White Box Testing – Less emphasis in the new syllabus
- Some new terms and definitions such as Agile methodologies, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, Delivery Pipelines, Internet of Things (IOT)
The new 2018 ISTQB Foundation Level syllabus is provided as follows:
- To ISTQB Member Boards, to translate into their local language and to accredit training providers. If Member boards requires they may modify references and adopt as per their language and local glossary terms
- For certification bodies, to develop questions for examination in their local language adapted to the learning objectives
- The training providers, to have courseware and selecting appropriate methods of training
- For certification candidates, to prepare for the certification exam (either as part of a training course or independently)
- The international software and systems engineering community, to advance the profession of software and systems testing, and as a basis for books and articles
Alon Linetzki, ISTQB Marketing working group chair shared his thought that the world market is on the edge of big changes in terms of technological usage, methods and domains. We have seen impact of these changes on the patterns of our test designs, test execution, test management policies and even test automation protocols. The new ISTQB Syllabus 2018 comes with latest terminology, modern standard of testing and with a visible reflection of the latest practices, we have noticed in recent years. Certainly, its compilation has more emphasis over market relevancy and practical approach.
“The revised ISTQB Syllabus 2018 covers a lot about current realities of software development, like, Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery, agile methods and IoT. This update take into account these realities and embryonic industry trends to keep test processes, test levels and management in an explained way along with the fundamental principles and best practices of testing. Certainly, this one is a proud moment for all of us as it is the outcome of thousands of hours of hard work by leading software testing professionals around the globe,” said Rex Black, ISTQB Foundation Working Group Project Manager and Technical Editor for the Foundation 2018 syllabus release and Agile Working Group Chair.
“The Foundation working group is about active contribution from ISTQB Member Boards; it is simply a group with ample amount of experience within software test industry across the globe. All these people with their diverse level of experience have accomplished this huge task. Certainly, I felt proud of the hard work of this group. The updated syllabus, compare to previous 2011 version, has more emphasis on reviews. Now, the syllabus also has less K1 learning objectives from 27 to 15. This time, we are focusing less on test management tool. More focus is on making someone capable of applying knowledge in a more practical way,” says Klaus Olsen, ISTQB Foundation working group chair.
The following sunset rules are effective:
Training Provider Accreditation:
– Within 12 months from 4th June 2018 all training providers must accredit/re-accredit for the 2018 syllabus, if training/material is accredited for delivery in English.
– Within 18 months from 4th June 2018 all training providers must accredit/re-accredit for the 2018 syllabus, if training/material is accredited for delivery in a non-English language.
– Within 12 months from 4th June 2018 all English language 2011 syllabus exams will be withdrawn
– Within 18 months from 4th June 2018 all non-English language 2011 syllabus exams will be withdrawn
– Current 2011 Syllabus was valid till May 2019 Exams. So the new ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2018 will effective now for 2020 exam onwards.
– However, when you register for your exam, confirm with your exam provider which syllabus you will be taking the exam with, most likely it will be 2018 syllabus. Prepare accordingly. ISTQB Guru has already updated the premium dumps with the latest syllabus. You can get ISTQB Dumps 2019 with updated 2018 syllabus in our website.
Further Information is available from the ISTQB website: http://www.istqb.org.
ISTQB Foundation Level Syllabus 2021 or 2022?
Keep in mind that ISTQB releases/updates its syllabus for Foundation Level every few years. The below are the past timelines for CTFL syllabus release:
1998 >> 2007 >> 2011 >> 2018 (current version) >> Next Update (2021 or 2022?)
ISTQB Working committee has recently confirmed that there will be a new updated version of the foundation level exam. However, they said that 2021 update is very unlikely. So our best guess is we would get the new syllabus somewhere in 2022. The exams based on the new 2022 syllabus would be most likely available from 2023. But for now, all the exams are based on syllabus 2018 only.
ISTQB Study Materials based on New 2018 Syllabus
We have recently released our newest Self-Study Guide with ISTQB Dumps based on ISTQB Syllabus 2018 with fresh 240 Questions/Answers. If you are looking for sure pass ISTQB study materials, take a look at our premium dumps section. It has everything that you will need to pass your exam this year with the new ISTQB syllabus.
Our study materials are fully updated for the new syllabus. Hundreds of ISTQB aspirants have passed ISTQB CTFL 18 with our study materials from Indian Testing Board, BCS – UK Board, iSQI, Canada, Australia, ASTQB, South Africa, GASQ and other numerous ISTQB National Boards. Buy now and pass your exam (with ISTQB Syllabus 2018) with ease.